STYLE FILES // JACKSON.
Meet Jackson | Model @ EMG | Sydney
1. Please introduce yourself:
Jackson / 20 / Model
2. Where are you from?
I’m a Newcastle kid living in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs
3. Describe your style…
Try to stick to the trends – A$AP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar and stuff are rocking, mixed with a little bit of our Australian culture, so I don’t like look a complete wigga from the states.
4. Where do you shop?
General Pants, online boutiques and little random op shops.
5. What’s in your Itunes ‘recently added’ playlist?
Everything Kendrick, A$AP Rocky and the Rubens, but I must confess I downloaded the new Pitbull song, dunno why, it pumps me up when I’m at the gym.
6. What films genres are you into? What are your favourite films?
Big comedy fan – Anchorman , Billie Maddison , Happy Gilmore and Step Brothers!
7. What are you reading at the moment?
I don’t read much unless I’m surfing online blogs on the Internet.
8. Tell us about your hobbies…
I enjoy heading back to Newcastle and partying with my best mates and going to the beach and chilling out – that’s my idea of a good weekend.
9. What’s your staple item (clothing)? What do you take out the door with you every day?
My staple item of clothing is a tall-ish tee – white or black. It’s my go-to piece of clothing. I can wear it with shorts, boardies or jeans.
10. Are you an accessories person? If so, what kind? Watches? Jewellery? Hats?
I only recently felt a need to wear a watch. The rings are presents and have sentimental value but I’m a hugeeeee hat person! Literally my mum just chucked out a bunch of them when we moved to Sydney because they took over my whole room. I buy a new one each month haha.
11. How do you think your city/home has influenced your style?
My home town of Newcastle has influenced my laid back kind of ‘don’t give a crap about how I look’. But living in Melbourne for a year, and now in Sydney it’s kind of made me realise how to do that but make it fashionable at the same time.
12. What style advice have you inherited from your mum/dad?
hahaha mum is a hippy chilled back lady and wears lots of tree of life and camilla sort of stuff shes way different to me with clothing haha cant say she has influenced me at all if anything shes taught me what not to wear! haha
13. Who are you following on Instagram?
all my friends
Shirt from Jay Jays
Jackson, thanks for stopping by CMHQ and sharing your style tips!
If you like Jackson’s style and want to see more, follow him on Instagram @jaxonmitchell.