Meet Yan Yan | 19 | Blogger of Parfasseux | Sydney
1. Please introduce yourself: Name / Age / Occupation
My name doubles & rhymes Yan Yan Chan. I’m 19, a student on a gap year, blogger of Parfasseux and PR/Marketing co-ordinator of a little Aussie label; Oskar.
2. Where are you from? (heritage and current city of residence)
Born in Hong Kong, bred in Sydney.
3. Describe your style…
Hard to say.. it’s always based on my mood.
4. Where do you shop? (online, at the markets, favourite stores)
Markets and op-shops tickle my fancy, C’s flashback has the best collection of vintage jackets & I love the Reformation and Free People for online.
5. What’s in your iTunes ‘recently added’ playlist?
It’s gonna take a long time (silly pilly edit) – Finnebassen
Aruarian Dance – Nujabes
Feels like we only go backwards – Tame Impala
Baths – Aminals
6. What films genres are you into? What are your top 3 all time favourite films?
I love all genres.. Don’t have favourites but on top of my head they are A Single Man, 10 things I Hate About You & The 7 Psychopaths.
7. What are you reading at the moment?
Re-reading Grace a Memoir
8. Tell us about your hobbies…
I love laying in the sun and going to the beach. Nothing beats sunshine and floating on my back. I’m also trying to get into macrame & rekindle my love for sketching.
9. What’s your staple item? What do you take out the door with you every day?
I’m going answer with staple shoes because my Rag and Bone Durham boots are heaven.
10. Are you an accessories person? If so, what kind? Watches? Jewellery? Hats?
I have an entire desk at home dedicated to all my silver and stoned jewellery.. the collection continues to grow & I even have ring tan lines which, is a bit ridiculous.
11. How do you think your city/home has influenced your style?
Sydney is so casual and consistently laid back, whatever occasion I dress for, there’s always a reflection of that lifestyle incorporated into my outfits.
12. What style advice have you inherited from your mum/dad?
My parents were pretty stylish.. My dad was a music producer and my Mom did some styling, so they were forever experimenting with clothes and hair cuts. A quarter of my wardrobe actually belongs to them. Probably to wear whatever I want and pay a little less attention to trends.
13. Who are you following on instagram? (top 5)
YAN YAN WEARS
Jumper and skirt by the chic hunter (@thechichunter)
shoes by rag and bone (rag_bone)
Floral Skirt – Shakuhachi (@shakuhachi)
White Jumper – Market HQ (@markethq)
Jeffrey Campbell Purvis shoes (@jeffreycampbell)
Crop Top – American Apparel (@americanapparelusa)
Riders by Lee jeans (@ridersbylee)
Shoes by Seed (@seedheritage)
Yan, thanks for stopping by CMHQ and sharing your style tips!
If you love Yan’s style and want to see more, follow her on instagram
Photography: Jack Bennett @jackbennett92
Video: Mike J Peck